Sunday, June 03, 2007

Marathon number 8

Another day another marathon! Having enjoyed the 2007 Flora London Marathon a couple of months ago for wonderful attmosphere & a feel good run , but disappointed with my time - another personal worst- i decided to run anoher marathon soon . So Today , less than 2 months after London , I completed the Blackpool Marathon.
And goals acheived
goal 1 to finish - acheived
goal 2 comes from goal 1- to complete 2 marathons in the same year for me the first time ever- acheived
goal 3 - to buck the trend , my last 2 marathons have been personal worsts- acheived
a finish better than not only the personal worst in London - but also better than my previous time - back to the near to 4:30 mark , with a finish today of 4:36 or 4:37 - awaiting official chip time.
As ever, lots of emotion of good and bad points
or better still the highs and the learning points
the highs - the running community cameraderie, the volunteers /marshals/ race organisers- thank you
- and meeting Mick N Phil ( do a google & see the web site)

Learning points
-once again keeping the pace after 17 miles , keeping the focus in the dark time , today the mile 22 to 25 time.

And this is marathon number 8 completed for me, and thats 6 since hitting age 40 . There is life..

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Louisa said...

Well done Rob. You must be pleased.

I've bitten the bullet and entered a 10K - the Riverbank run which almost starts on my doorstep. I'm very apprehensive as it'll mainly be club runners and I'll probably come last :-)

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger rob said...

Go for it Louisa , 5k , then 10k then ..

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger skif said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my site, Rob. Best of luck with all the running.

Oh, and yes, I have done a Rhyl Euro night.

It's at http://hobotread.blogspot.com/2005/07/rhyl-2-fk-atlantas-klaipeda-1.html

cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home