Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The JOY of Garmin

My birthday present from my wife this year has been great, brilliant, wonderful amazing. Do you detect a touch of enthusiasm? YES. Because i chose it (and bought it from her :-) ) - a Garmin Forerunner201 running GPS. For anyone out there in the world who does notknow - it is a running GPS -or satelite positioning gizmo. This should not detract from any other presents my wife has bought me over our years together , all very useful and very well received with the love and kindness given; but this is different . It has given me a new lease of running life . 63 recorded miles since i started with it at the start of August until today 12th September. What fun it is going out on my old familiar boring runs - and knowing my pace , on the run, whether i am ahead or behind the virtual runing partner set at eg 9min 30sec per mile;measuring the exact miles; even the calories burned ( around 600 tonight on the intervals with the Buckley runners). So Cardiff 1/2 marathon here i come . What pace i'm not sure , but i'll work on that in the next few days .More on this wonderful gadget later. Isnt enthusiasm good? The post run high ? go for it .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home