Thursday, January 20, 2005

Buckley runners

driving home from Wrexham tonight in the pouring rain. Had i made the right decision to go and try out the Buckley Runners running club.
Yes.
By the time i got home the rain has eased to a drizzle and stopped.
So soon after 6:40 i drove to the Elfed High school sports centre in Buckley asked at the reception portacabin for runners-into the building they meet on the coridor. I met coach Les and around 10 others. and realised they were meeting at the Buckley runners poster board. Handy as it had the reults of the Abergele 5mile race in November with my name and 39min time on page 3. Les says with Buckey runners my name should be on page 1 !!
so to the run - strange really - as it was back to Mold the way i had driven , then out again to Altami and New Brighton turn right and a long pull back into Buckley to the school - around 6 miles. And a big thanks to James for running with me, even though he was telling me of his 30 odd minute 10k times etc .
A good run thanks folks
and onto Colwyn bay for the Twin Piers on Saturday for me , and good luck to folks going in the 4 villages Helsby 1/2 marathon
Perhaps the Wrexham 1/2 for me ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home