Sunday, August 04, 2013

Chester Marathon Training Run

On Sunday 4th August I attended the monthly Chester marathon training run. As one of the 'pacers' for the race i set of with around 8 others who on race day will be aiming for 4hrs 45. An out and back course, and wonderfully organised by the Chester marathon chaps - water stations at mile 3.5 turn around at 7 then 10 and at finish, My group did 14miles - with one or 2 doing 17. The faster groups ran 1.5mile out and back at the end of the 14 to make 17. I had done my out and back 1.5mile before the meet up to make a decent 17miles. Great to meet up with other runners , many of whom were training for their first at marathon distance. I hope you gained something from chat with other runners. And the count down clock on the Chester Marathon website reads 60days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home